The Columbian / Associated Press

Oregon boy sickened by marijuana-infused cookie

PORTLAND — An 8-year-old Oregon boy was hospitalized after eating a marijuana-infused cookie that he found on the ground.

The Oregonian reports that 30-year-old Jessica Hart says her boyfriend took her son, Jackson, on an outing to a local rock quarry. While there, Jackson spotted a cookie in its original packaging and Hart’s boyfriend told the boy not to eat it.

But Hart says the boy ate it while the adult’s back was turned. She says Jackson came home complaining that he was sick and said he was “vibrating all over.”

Hart’s boyfriend found the cookie’s packaging, which said the cookie had an estimated 50 milligrams of THC.

She took the boy to the hospital, where he was given intravenous fluids and monitored by emergency room staff for about five hours.