Product Review: Dr. Dabber Boost eRig
While the demand for concentrates grows, so does the demand for more ways to consume them. I’m lucky enough to test out some of these products.
Whether you purchase the Boost or any other portable eRig, I can’t tell you enough how they’re the perfect starter pieces for people new to dabs. Not only is the frightening torch being absent a godsend, but since the nails are smaller than the ones on bigger rigs you can start off small, working your way up the tolerance and skill ladder.
Those so comfortable with dabbing that they travel with rig and torch in tow, can find solace in the Boost’s portability. The entire kit comes in a small case that you can literally take anywhere. With a few clicks of the power button your Boost is ready to use. Need a charge? Plug your Boost into any USB outlet to give it some juice.
I’ve only used one other portable eRig before and while I didn’t find much to complain about as far as usage, it did have a flimsy feel to it. Whenever I’d use the other rig for and I’d attach the glass piece it felt like it was too topheavy and couldn’t stand on it’s own. During my first use of the Boost, I immediately noticed how sturdy the pieces were, everything fit together perfectly, and the glass attachment fit onto the Boost nice and snug without teetering to it’s side.
The thing I dislike most about the boost is the Magnetic Carb Cap and Loading Tool because it takes some getting used to, especially if you don’t dab a lot. Since the tool and carb cap attach magnetically, getting a good handle on it can take some getting used to because the pieces can move around. The more you use it the easier it gets so it won’t be a nuisance for too long.
- Bost eRig
- Glass Water Attachment
- Domeless Titanium Nail
- Domeless Ceramic Nail
- Domeless Quartz Nail
- Magnetic Carb Cab w/ Loading Tool
- 2 Medical Grade Silicone Containers
- Micro USB Charging Cable
- Limited Edition Dr. Dabber Keychain
Before using your Boost make sure it’s fully charged by plugging the micro USB cable into any USB port. Once it’s charged you’re good to go; grab your dab tool and load it with your preferred concentrates: wax, shatter, oil, or crumble and once you have it heated to your liking then take the tool and run it along the inside of your nail, when you see the concentrates dissolve then cover the nail with your magnetic carb cap and toke toke toke til you choke! Or take moderate hits, it’s all up to you.
Heating Your Nails:
- Domeless Titanium Nail – Press the power button 3 times, the light will be white as it heats up, after 25 seconds the light will change to blue indicating the user that it’s ready. The nail will heat for 20 seconds before it automatically shuts itself off.
- Domeless Ceramic Nail – Press the power button 5 times, the light will be blue as it heats up, after 40 seconds the light will change to white indicating the user that it’s ready. The nail will heat for 20 seconds before it automatically shuts off.
- Domeless Quartz Nail – I’m assuming that the quartz nail was added to the kit after the instruction manuals were printed. When using the quartz nail I used the same method as with the Ceramic Nail, but you’re free to see which heating method works best for you.
When the automatic shut off happens, try pressing the power button 3 times to reheat.
Cleaning Your Boost:
Cleaning your Boost and glass attachment is no different than how you normally clean your glass, all you need is some isopropyl alcohol and Q-tips. I like to soak the nails in the rubbing alcohol and then run a Qtip around the edges and and inside the nail. This won’t completely clean your nail, but if you heat up them up and turn them upside down, holding the nails above a napkin or aluminum foil the excess product will drip off. (I got this tip from the Cannabis Daily Record and use this method to clean my vape pens as well.)
To clean your glass attachment just pour in some rubbing alcohol and give it a shake. Then run your glass and nails under warm water and set them out to dry. I recommend cleaning your glass and nails after every 2-5 uses as it does quickly get buildup. If your boost traps water hold your attachment over the sink and blow the water out while holding it an angle.